NEET Exam Day Guidelines
The exam day guidelines of NEET comprise the instructions candidates should keep in mind when appearing for the national-level exam. These include guidelines related to time, the items they can and cannot carry and other details.
● The exam centres will be opened 45 minutes before the allotted examination time. Candidates are therefore advised to reach their exam centres at least 1 hour before the commencement of examination.
● Candidates will not be allowed to carry any textual or digital material inside the examination hall. Those doing so may have an unfair means case marked against them and be debarred from taking NEET permanently.
● From the previous years’ schedules, the NEET exam is generally scheduled for 10.00 am to 1.00 pm. Going by this timeline, candidates can see the other tentative details regarding the conduct of the exam in the below table.
Last entry in NEET Examination Hall
Checking of NEET Admit Card starts
Distribution of NEET Question Booklet
Seal of the Test Booklet to be broken/opened to take out the Answer Sheet
9:30 am to 09:45 am
NEET Exam allowed items
Candidates should bring the following materials to their NEET examination centres –
● NEET Admit Card
● Passport Size Photograph
● Postcard Size photograph affixed on proforma(attachment of Admit Card)
Note: Stationary items will not be allowed inside examination hall and all the necessary items related to stationary will be provided by invigilator inside the examination hall itself.
NEET exam prohibited items
Candidates will be subject to extensive and compulsory frisking before entering the examination centre with the help of highly sensitive metal detectors. They should ensure they do not carry with them any of the following –
● Any stationery item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Pen, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner, etc.
● Any electronic device like Phone, Bluetooth, headphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band, etc.
● Other items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap, etc.
● All ornaments like Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/ Necklace, Pendants, Badge, Brooch, etc.
● Any Watch/Wrist Watch, Bracelet, Camera, etc.
● Any metallic items
● Any eatable items, opened or packed, water bottles, etc.
● Any other item which could be used for unfair means or for hiding communication devices like camera, blue tooth devices, etc.
● There is no provision of keeping any item inside or outside examination hall. Hence the candidates are advised not to carry items which are listed above.
NEET Exam dress code
It is important for candidates to dress appropriately as per the given instructions when appearing for the exam. Candidates violating the dress code instructions will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
The candidates are instructed to follow the following dress code –
● Light clothes with half sleeves not having big but-tons, brooches/badges, lowers etc. with salwar/trousers.
● Slippers or sandals with low heels. Shoes cannot be worn.