The NEET results are usually out by the first week of June. The NEET result will be published online on the official website of CBSE and the results will be obtained in the form of a score card. The most important thing to keep in mind is that in order to become eligible for admission in MBBS and BDS seats in government, private as well as deemed medical institution it is important that the person scores minimum qualifying marks.
NEET Qualifying Percentile
- For Unreserved category the qualifying percentile is the 50th percentile
- For Physically Handicapped the qualifying percentile is 45th percentile
- For Scheduled caste/Scheduled Tribe/ OBC the qualifying percentile is 40th percentile
- The marks obtained by candidate decide the rank of the candidate in All India Medical Entrance
- It is important to note that the candidate can only check their result online and will not be sent by post or any other method.
- The NEET cut off basically helps candidates to know whether they have qualified the NEET entrance or not, and this will decide admission in medical college
- The NEET result is applicable in almost all the medical colleges EXCEPT AIIMS & JIPMER. These 2 institutes they have own medical entrance.
- In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in NEET, the inter-se-merit of such candidates will be determined in order of preference as follows:
● Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology
● Candidates securing higher marks in Chemistry
● Candidates with less number of attempted wrong questions in all the subjects
● Candidates older in age will be preferred
Highlights of NEET Result
- The NEET result helps candidate to check total percentile score, All India rank, marks secured; individually in each section as well as total marks, cut off for 15% ALL INDIA Quota seats and also whether the candidate has qualified the exam or not.
- The NEET result is declared only through online mode by CBSE website.
- To check the result of NEET, candidates are required to enter their NEET Roll Number and Password through the official result link.