The National Eligibility Cum Entrance test is an exam for students who wish to pursue medical, dental or postgraduate course in government or private medical colleges in India. In this article the important steps that needs to be followed while applying for NEET exam are mentioned.
How to register
Students who satisfy the eligibility criteria can proceed with the registration process which can be done online via the official NEET website http://cbseneet.nic.in/cbseneet/welcome.aspx
The whole registration process can be divided into 4 parts:
- Select the Apply Online button from the menu options
- Read the instructions and then click on Proceed to Apply Online
- 2 options get popped up – Select the appropriate one and proceed
- Apply, if registered in AIPMT-16/NEET-I
- Apply, if not registered in AIPMT-16/NEET
- After reading the instructions, select the I Agree option
- Fill the details in the registration form – such as name, contact details, parents/guardian details, academic details, qualifying examination details etc.
- After filling all the details, you can select NEXT option if all the details are correct. In case of any modifications in the details press the RESET option.
- After reviewing select The Final Submit option
- A Registration Number gets generated and should be noted for future reference
Upload Scanned Images
Candidate needs to upload the below mentioned (taking into account the size limitation)
- Recent color Photograph
- Impression of the Right hand index finger
- After the images are uploaded, the link to pay the exam fee appears
- Choose the Bank name for making the payment
- Pay the fee as applicable and select the Go for Payment option
- Candidate can pay the fee through Debit/Credit Card/e-challan/Net Banking/e-wallet
- Those candidates submitting the fee through E-Challan, can deposit in any of the branches of SBI, Syndicate Bank, HDFC or ICICI
- A confirmation page appears along with the details of the fee paid and a copy of this needs to be retained
How to Login
The NEET Login ID can be used to edit the Application form, or request a resend of their Admit Card or NEET 2018 Application Form. The Login ID contains all the information submitted in NEET form. Hence care should be exercised while creating the ID and password. The Registration process can also be divided in 4 parts:
- Username: This can be a max of 50 characters and should be alphanumeric. Spaces or special characters are not allowed.
- Password: This must be 7-20 characters long and contain at least one alphabet and one numerical character. The password must be safely secure, for confidentiality of the candidates’ information.
- Secret reminder question: For one to create a login ID, choosing a security question is a must. This can be used to retrieve the username and password in case forgotten.
- Agreement: As always, there are terms and conditions before one proceeds. Read the T&C before you agree.
Username and Password should be secured at all times. Use the things that you can easily remember. However, in case any candidate still forget his/her username or password, then no need to panic. In the NEET official Login page , you can reset the password, using your mobile or e-mail with the help of OTP or secret question.